Date of Birth
21 February 1996
Place of Birth
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, UK
5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
Turner was born in Northampton and moved to Warwick when she was two years old. She attended Warwick Prep School until eleven years old, and later King’s High School. Turner has been a member of the theatre company Playbox Theatre Company since she was three years old.
Turner is a friend of actress Maisie Williams, who plays her character’s sister, Arya Stark, in Game of Thrones. They met during their auditions, with Williams discovering she got the part two weeks after Turner.
After season one production ended on Game of Thrones, the Turner family adopted Zunni, the dog that played Sansa Stark’s direwolf, Lady.
– You’ve got to be able to wear your clothes, don’t let the clothes wear you.
– Getting Game of Thrones was amazing. I was 13, on holiday in France, and my mum woke me up saying, “Morning Sansa!” I burst out crying and jumped in the pool.
– I think because I’m so close with Sansa I feel that she is like my first love, in a way.
– [on comparing herself to her character in Game of Thrones] Well, I’ve been told by other cast members that I’m a lot like her. Maybe when I first joined the show. I was only 13, I was one of those girls that read OK! 12 times a week, and I was all “Ooh, Justin Bieber” – who is the Joffrey Baratheon of our time.
– Trains at the Playbox Theatre.
– She is a huge fan of Jack Nicholson. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) is her favorite movie from his filmography.
– Had a twin who died before birth so she is always drawn to stories about twins/ doubles such as The Thirteenth Tale and Another Me, two films she’s already starred in.
– Is a big fan of television shows Hannibal (2012) and Breaking Bad (2008).
– Best known for her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011), which earned her a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series. Her drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the part.
– Although she is well known for her auburn hair, Sophie is a natural blonde but dyes her hair red in order to portray her character on Game of Thrones.
– Best friends with Game of Thrones (2011) co-star and onscreen sister Maisie Williams.